Protect your workforce for Brexit
THE UK is recognised as one of the best jobs market in the world but access to candidates with the skills and talent to fill roles is a concern for the years ahead.
Brexit will impact the number of EU workers coming here, with over half of all UK firms fearing that there will not be enough people available with the skills needed to fill their roles*.
Paul Hooper, Director at Impact Recruitment Services said: “We are helping our Northamptonshire clients innovate and review existing recruitment channels. It is now more important than ever that employers can count on a recruitment partner as we prepare for times of uncertainty. Impact has experience in seeking the best candidates despite the labour market terrain.
“Be ahead of the game, work with a first-class recruitment agency.”
Here’s Impact’s top five recommendations on how to start planning for a robust workforce after Brexit:
* Plan ahead and pre-empt future skills required.
* Review current employee skill sets. Where are the gaps? How do your pay levels compare?
* Plan for disruption – the change in demographics, talent shortages and changing employee expectations will combine to disrupt the jobs market.
* Re-imagine hiring procedures. Change current hiring practices to appeal to future generations and cope with intensifying skills shortages.
* Make inclusion the norm – measure and deliver tangible progress on diversity and inclusion, including for senior roles and with regards to pay gaps.
Impact Recruitment can play a vital part in facilitating these staffing gaps, whether temporary or permanent. The April 2017 Jobs Outlook survey found that employers reported over half their temporary workers go on to become permanent workers each year.
After 15 years of trading Impact has a solid reputation for finding the highest quality and performing candidates. Specialising purely in the Northamptonshire labour market means Impact is best placed to support local businesses through Brexit.
Paul added: “We would be delighted to meet with any business to discuss what they should be doing now to prepare for Brexit – at times like this it’s prudent to seek advice from professionals who can help you turn challenges into opportunities.”
If you are based in Northamptonshire and searching for workers, get in touch at info@ImpactRecruitment.co.uk or call on 01604 239555 or 01933 440285.
* Source *CBI. (July 2017) Helping the UK thrive: CBI/Pearson education and skills survey. Article taken from December issue of Business Times.