Brexit uncertainty brings unusual recruitment challenges
The uncertainty surrounding Brexit is undoubtedly having an impact on skills shortages, with almost two-thirds of employers believing they will suffer from a lack of workers with required skills, according to a survey of 1,355 employers by online jobs board Totaljobs. Further, according to the Office of National Statistics there are currently 2.28 million EU nationals working in Britain, 86,000 less compared to 2017, further reducing the labour pool.
Paul Hooper, Director at Impact Recruitment said, “As we head closer towards Brexit, employers will have to think differently about how they attract and retain the best talent. Robust recruitment strategies and implementation are essential to ensure the best talent available is found. Northamptonshire is feeling the pinch more than other areas at around 1% below the national average unemployment level, which itself is at a 43-year low.”
Here’s Impact Recruitment’s top five recruitment tips to help counteract the effects of Brexit:
- Consider how you can broaden your sourcing and hiring criteria. Think about transferable and complementary skills from alternative professions and roles.
- Look to build relationships with universities and colleges, helping to build your employer brand and desirability.
- Ensure salaries being offered are competitive, or you will miss out on the best candidates.
- Ensure your recruitment process is professional, compelling and organised – candidates will not hang around if they feel they are not being treated well.
- Adopt a multi-channel recruitment approach that is targeted at the right calibre of candidate – consider website user experience, social media and networking. With less people looking for work you might have to find them – headhunting gives great results.
Paul Hooper, Director at Impact Recruitment continued, “Impact Recruitment work closely with businesses and candidates on achieving their recruitment goals with proven strategies that overcome the Brexit challenges. Recruitment is highly skilled and time consuming which is why we have grown our team in both number and experience, to great success and acclaim.”
Impact Recruitment Services has branches in Wellingborough and Northampton ensuring they are ideally placed to serve all business across the county, for both temporary and permanent placements. They would be delighted to hear from anyone looking for a candidate or a job, get in touch at email@example.com or call Wellingborough on 01933 440285 or Northampton on 01604 239555.