Networking – what are the actual benefits?
Northamptonshire Chamber of Commerce is holding a Business Exhibition at Park Inn on Friday 22nd March to showcase the wealth of opportunities, products and services available to businesses in the area. This event is ideal for businesses looking to forge new contacts, raise their profile and extend their business knowledge.
The exhibition is open to both members and non-members and businesses that attend will also get the chance to win a wonderful prize.
Location: Park Inn, Silver Street, Northamptonshire, NN1 2TA
Exhibition open from 09.30 - 15:30
To complement the exhibition, there will 2 free business seminars:
10:00 - 8 Steps to Value Led Customer Retention
14:15 - Marketing Automation
But what is the point and what are the benefits of networking?
Ever since I was a child, I have seen the benefits of networking. My father had his own business and he used his well-honed networking skills to engage with customers, suppliers and prospects to build his business. Some of my earliest memories of my father are being with him at corporate events when he was meeting new people and building trusted relationships with them. He was very successful in business because of it.
He was a great role model and through him I pursued an early career in the Travel Industry which was my dream job as a little girl. My first jobs were at BT, Birmingham International Airport and then at East Midlands Airport. I witnessed networking on a larger scale.
Networking has been a critical stepping stone towards the success I have achieved in my professional career.
The lesson I learnt from networking experiences, ranged from meeting successful influencers, business owners/entrepreneurs and hearing both success and failure stories which has helped me create huge lists of do’s and don’ts. The best part is once you have networked with such individuals, you have built long term relationships with people you can count upon to assist you in your professional career.
Remember networking is not just a short-term activity, it can change your future forever if done correctly.
Here are the ten key reasons to network:
- To raise brand awareness within both the community and various industries
- Meeting top market influencers with very low overhead costs
- Get ideas for developing your business
- Establish new contacts and network with your industry colleagues
- Stay ahead of your competition; learn about the latest innovations and new technology to your business to become more profitable
- Keep abreast with latest industry trends
- Gather information on the latest products and services
- Gain new insights into the latest technology
- Networking can help you boost the chances of finding your dream job or golden business opportunity
- As a key networker, drive word-of-mouth recommendations
If you are intrigued by my reasons above, why don’t you come along and see for yourself how networking can benefit the promotion of your products and services. Call me or my colleague Kerry on 01604 239555 to arrange meeting with us too!